Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mom, What's for Dinner?

So, like most people this time of year I am over run with leftovers. My son asks me what was for dinner and I really don't want to cook so...Creativity sets in.

Chili Potatoes:

Using leftover Roasted Potatoes, I covered them with Chili that my mom had made and given me. Then some frozen corn went on top. Next LOTS of Mexican Cheese blend. Baked until hot and bubbly. When it came out of the oven I topped it with some French Onion Dip. Remember the goal is to Clean Out the Fridge.

Leftover Spaghetti:

I had frozen my leftover sauce but still had noodles in my fridge. Pulled them out along with some mushrooms that looked a little pathetic. Got out my skillet and heat it up with some EVOO. Minced the mushrooms and put them in the skillet with some minced onion and garlic powder. Sauted until Mushrooms where were I wanted them and then I added some Frozen Peas for color. Once they were hot I added the spaghetti and tossed until it was all mixed and the spaghetti was warm, next Italian Cheese Blend went in. It melted quickly. One the plate it went. My son loved this and even ate most of the peas out of this though he said they were "yucky" at first site. Next time I will use real onions and fresh garlic.

Both of these recipes will be great if made from leftovers or not. They are keepers. Enjoy.

No comments: